Sunny Bank Mills
Sunny Bank Mills ceased cloth production in 2008 and in 2010 made the brave decision to commence a multi million pound regeneration of the mill complex starting with the 1912 Mill.
The external envelope works attracted a successful photography business and graphic design company who took residence in the throws of a recession.
Edwin Woodhouse & Co. continued their programme of refurbishment by renovating Sandsgate (the site office), the Festoon Rooms, the Mending Rooms and parts of the Old Combing, Spinning Mill and Red Lane Mill.
The preservation of the historic industrial setting was paramount in all refurbishments and the mix of more contemporary elements within the historic building fabric has produced some characterful spaces.
Triton Construction / Oldroyd Building & Design / D A Diston / Royd Developments
Edwin Woodhouse & Co Ltd
£4 Million to date
Above: One of the refurbished office suites
Left: Entrance to 1912 Mill building
Below: External of main Mill building
Above and Right: This is how Sunny Bank looked before the conservation project commenced.